Cabot Health Magnesium Ultra Potent Powder Citrus
What makes our magnesium so unique and superior to other brands?
- Each teaspoon provides a massive 400mg of elemental magnesium. This provides you with the daily therapeutic dose of magnesium in only one teaspoon.
- We have combined 4 different forms of magnesium in this powder to optimise absorption and utilisation by the body. We have excluded magnesium oxide from our formula as it is poorly absorbed and can cause a laxative effect.
- Powder formulation to further improve absorption.
- Added taurine to assist in calming the nervous system.
- It is free from calcium. Magnesium helps the muscles relax, whilst calcium has the opposite effect (contraction). This is not what you want when you're trying to relax!
- Free from any artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, yeast, gluten or sugar.
- Carefully formulated by a team of medical doctors and naturopaths.
The benefits of Magnesium Ultra Potent:
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion. Added zinc which is required for the production of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) which help to stabilize mood.
- Headache / migraine management: Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches or migraines by reducing blood vessel constriction and spasms in your head. Magnesium could be used to reduce the frequency and severity of headaches and migraines. Added selenium could help to decrease inflammation associated with headaches.
- Decreased muscle cramps: Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes, magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
- Improved sleep: As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement to take before bed to help reduce stress and evoke relaxation. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor night's sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep. Added taurine also helps to calm the nervous system for a better sleep.
- Blood sugar stabilisation: Magnesium plays an important role in glucose metabolism. It assists with insulin release and glucose transport for energy use. It could be beneficial for those with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
- Improved mood: Inadequate levels of magnesium in the body can reduce levels of serotonin - the happy hormone. Increasing magnesium levels could help to improve overall mood.
- Healthy bowel motions: As magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxant, it can be beneficial in cases of constipation. Magnesium could help to relax the bowel for easier passing.
- Normalising blood pressure: Magnesium can help to relax the walls of the arteries, allowing the blood to flow more freely. It also helps to reduce stress, which is a risk factor for high blood pressure. A number of studies have found a relationship between low levels of magnesium and high blood pressure.
- Improved energy: Magnesium plays a vital role in the energy production pathway. Depleted magnesium stores could contribute to symptoms of low energy.
- Bone strength: A large percentage of magnesium is stored in the bones and studies have found that magnesium deficiency is associated with decrease bone density and increased risk of fracture. Magnesium could help to maintain healthy bones.
Factors increasing the need for a magnesium supplement:
- Low intake of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Older age
- Gastrointestinal inflammation or disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Frequent exercise
- Alcohol dependence
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Chronic constipation
- High blood pressure
- High stress or anxiety
Each level metric teaspoon (5g dose) contains:
|Magnesium amino acid chelate (providing elemental magnesium 350 mg)||1750 mg|
|Magnesium ascorbate (providing elemental magnesium 13 mg)||210 mg|
|Magnesium glycinate dihydrate (providing elemental magnesium 12.2 mg)||104 mg|
|Magnesium phosphate pentahydrate (providing elemental magnesium 24.8 mg)||120 mg|
|Total elemental magnesium||400 mg|
|Zinc (as amino acid chelate)||5 mg|
Citrus flavour also contains malic acid, acacia, stevia, natural lemon flavour and natural lime flavour.
- Adults: 1/4 -1 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
- Children: 1/4 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
Cautions and contraindications:
- Patients should consult with their healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Excessive doses may have a laxative effect.
- Patients on some orthodox medications should use caution when supplementing with magnesium by taking the magnesium dose 2 hours before the medication.
- Some orthodox medications that may interact with magnesium include:
- Bisphosphonates such as alendronate (Fosamax), etidronate (Didronel), tiludronate (Skelid), and risedronate (Actonel).
- Quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxacin (Ocuflox), moxifloxacin (Avelox), gatifloxacin (Tequin)
- Skeletal muscle relaxants including atracurium (Tracrium), cisatracurium (Nimbex), mivacurium (Mivacron), rapacuronium (Raplon), rocuronium (Esmeron), pancuronium (Pavulon), vecuronium (Norcuron).
- Patients on blood pressure medications such as calcium channel blockers should display caution when supplementing with magnesium by regular monitoring of blood pressure levels.
200 g- 31 May 2021
465 g- 30 Apr 2021
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at our pharmacy ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.