Cabot Health Magnesium Complete
Magnesium is an amazing miracle mineral, involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. It is required for energy production, muscle and nerve function, blood pressure regulation, bone strength and much more. Magnesium is so vital for maintaining overall health. Modern day diets can tend to be deficient in magnesium due to poor mineral content in the soil and food processing. This is where a good quality magnesium supplement could come in handy, to support these vital processes in the body.
- We have combined 4 different forms of magnesium in this formula to optimise absorption and utilisation by the body. We have excluded magnesium oxide from our formula as it is poorly absorbed and can have a laxative effect.
- They come in small, round, easy to swallow tablets - unlike those huge horse tablets that are a choking hazard.
- It is free from calcium. Magnesium helps the muscles relax, whilst calcium has the opposite effect (contraction). This is not what you want when you're trying to relax!
- Free from any artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, yeast, gluten or sugar.
- Carefully formulated by a team of medical doctors and naturopaths.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion.
- Headache / migraine management: Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches or migraines by reducing blood vessel constriction and spasms in your head. Magnesium could be used to reduce the frequency and severity of headaches and migraines.
- Decreased muscle cramps: Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes, magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
- Improved sleep: As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement to take before bed to help reduce stress and evoke relaxation. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor night's sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep.
- Blood sugar stabilisation: Magnesium plays an important role in glucose metabolism. It assists with insulin release and glucose transport for energy use. It could be beneficial for those with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
- Improved mood: Inadequate levels of magnesium in the body can reduce levels of serotonin - the happy hormone. Increasing magnesium levels could help to improve overall mood.
- Healthy bowel motions: As magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxant, it can be beneficial in cases of constipation. Magnesium could help to relax the bowel for easier passing.
- Normalising blood pressure: Magnesium can help to relax the walls of the arteries, allowing the blood to flow more freely. It also helps to reduce stress, which is a risk factor for high blood pressure. A number of studies have found a relationship between low levels of magnesium and high blood pressure.
- Improved energy: Magnesium plays a vital role in the energy production pathway. Depleted magnesium stores could contribute to symptoms of low energy.
- Bone strength: A large percentage of magnesium is stored in the bones and studies have found that magnesium deficiency is associated with decreased bone density and increased risk of fracture. Magnesium could help to maintain healthy bones.
Factors increasing the need for a magnesium supplement:
- Low intake of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Older age
- Gastrointestinal inflammation or disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Frequent exercise
- Alcohol dependence
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Chronic constipation
- High blood pressure
- High stress or anxiety
Active ingredients per tablet:
|Magnesium orotate dihydrate (equiv. to elemental magnesium 12.8 mg)||200 mg|
|Magnesium gluconate dihydrate (equiv. to elemental magnesium 5 mg)||92.76 mg|
|Magnesium amino acid chelate (equiv. to elemental magnesium 55mg)||275 mg|
|Magnesium phosphate (equiv. to elemental magnesium 23.76 mg)||115 mg|
|Total elemental magnesium per tablet||97 mg|
- Adults: 2-4 tablets daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Cautions and contraindications:
- Excessive doses may cause a laxative effect.
- Patients should consult with their healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Take at least 2 hours away from taking Biphosphonate drugs such as Fosamax and Actonel etc.
- Take 2 hours away from Tetracycline antibiotics
100 tablets - 31 Mar 2021
200 tablets - 31 May 2021
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at our pharmacy ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.