This Labour Day, we give honour to all the workers who give their best in what they do. We give our highest respect to all the labourers who work hard not just for their families but also for our nation's economy. You truly deserve life's greatest blessings, above all having good health.
Your health is one of the most significant things you should prioritize in life. Healthy workers are more productive and motivated to work and they also raise healthy families. We also encourage employers to promote a healthy workplace to improve the wellness of their employees. It can actually help improve workers' physical, mental health and increase lifespan.
Achieving robust health is one of the greatest assets anyone can have, so here are 8 essential tips that could help you have a healthier and longer life.
1. Having a long life is in your hands. Longevity is up to the individual's lifestyle. Today's major killers are lifestyle and chronic diseases. Cancer and arteriosclerosis account for 60 per cent of all non-accidental deaths among adults. A busy lifestyle can be hard for you and your family's health, you should have good eating habits as well as doing regular physical activities to keep you moving.
According to the World Health Organization, from the estimated 58 million deaths from all causes in 2005, 38 million deaths account to chronic diseases. You can do more in taking better care of yourselves and your family in order to get rid of these diseases. You should make a conscious decision about having and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
2. Take periodic medical check-ups. Doing this is your first investment in your future health. Check-ups can reveal a lot about your inner health, health exams can help find problems before they start.. Blood pressure tests can indicate if you are prone to hypertension, chest X-rays can reveal an early lesion or a lung condition, cardiogram can reveal if you have arteriosclerosis.
These kinds of laboratory examinations are significant in order to prevent diseases from getting severe that will greatly affect your health in the future. It is very essential to visit your healthcare practitioner and schedule an appointment to discuss the exams and screenings you need and when you need them. Getting the right health services, you are increasing your chances of living a healthier and longer life.
3. Reduce your weight steadily. Many people believe that it is only normal to gain weight as they grow older—a dangerous misconception about growing old. As people age, they gain fat at the expense of muscle which can affect their mobility. Weight management is helpful in decreasing your risk of having diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, high blood pressure etc. To reduce your weight at a steady pace you should eat a healthy diet and move more.
Some workers spend more than 5 hours a day sitting at their desk. Researchers say that prolonged sitting is bad for your physical health and your mental well-being, it can also increase your risk of weight gain and chronic pain. You should always try to move around in your seat and take short breaks throughout the day. The only thing you need to do is to think of small ways to keep you moving.
4. Stop smoking and limit your alcohol intake. Quitting smoking can be challenging, but it is one of the significant things that individuals can do to protect their health and prolong their lives. You can save your life from the lethal effects of smoking cigarettes and using vape. Always remember that smoking can cause fatal diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pneumonia and lung cancer.
Alcohol intake should also be controlled. Always remember to drink responsibly. Liquor carries a lot of calories and fat accumulates in the liver which may lead to cirrhosis or the late stage of scarring of the liver. Drinkers may not realize that the liver can be damaged over time without causing pain. No wonder, drinkers are more likely to have beer belly which is linked to a variety of health problems like type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
5. Exercise regularly, eat healthy and drink lots of water. Exercise is a must for all. Exercising regularly can help us do more all the time, it will also help promote heart health, mental alertness and physical vigour. It helps improve your overall fitness which can lead to boosting your immune system which can increase your body's defence against infections and diseases.
Eating a healthy diet can help prolong your life. You should always include healthy foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals such as fruits and vegetables, minimize your sugar and starch intake. Also, avoid eating highly processed and unnatural foods for they are the major contributor to obesity and illnesses. Moreover, you should drink lots of water to maintain the balance of bodily fluids and flush out toxins. Always remember that our body is made up of 50 to 60 per cent water.
6. Don't ignore symptoms. A lot of people usually ignore symptoms. We know that there are individuals who have endured repeated chest pains and body aches without consulting their healthcare provider or telling anyone because they are afraid of the possible diagnosis. But, always remember that frequent and early visit to the doctor can help a lot to stop today's killers to creep in your body.
Don't ignore the early warning signs for these can be an indication of a life-threatening condition. You should always listen to your body and consult your healthcare professional immediately if you experience a sudden and unexplained pain or any difficulties.
7. Be optimistic in life. We all know that being optimistic is healthy while dwelling on negativity is not. Filling your head with positive thoughts and having a positive outlook on life can do a lot to improve your emotional, mental and physical health. Researchers say that optimists are happier, less stressed in their life, have healthier hearts, better blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Having a positive attitude can also help improve relationships and help you make better decisions. Focusing on the positive can also motivate individuals to take better care of themselves. Moreover, optimism is contagious which can help inspire other people. Leaders and managers who are optimistic can help motivate employees. A positive team can work together, accomplish anything and keep moving.
8. Relax. Sleep. Take a vacation. Having a relief from the stress and hustle and bustle of the city can restore the joy of living. You should learn to relax in order for you to stay healthy, renergize your body and invigorate your mind. Being calm can help you manage day-to-day life. You can practice relaxation through simple ways such as deep breathing at work or any place where you need to focus on your breathing. You can do this for 5 to 10 minutes a day.
Having a quality sleep every night is also essential for your health. Sleep is one of the most neglected aspects of staying healthy. A lot of workers nowadays only sleep for less than 6 hours a day. Researchers recommend that adults who are aged 18 to 60 should sleep at least 7 hours every night in order to have optimal health and well-being.
This labour day weekend take a break with your family. Always remember that work-life balance is important for you. Just get away from your daily work routine and do activities you will surely enjoy. You deserve a break after all. Happy Labour Day!
Disclaimer: The health information published on this web page is solely intended for educational purposes. VitaminsOnly strongly recommends to consult health care professionals for any questions concerning your health.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Items have been added to your cart
This product has been added to your cart.
Please select below how you would like to proceed.