Camellia oil is commonly used as an ingredient in cosmetics and skin care because it has a light aroma that can be easily absorbed by the skin without a greasy residue after application.
Some of the well-known properties of camellia include nourishing and hydrating qualities because it is abundant in vitamins and nutrients that makes it ideal for skin and hair care products. Furthermore, it also offers a variety of therapeutic uses.
Read and know the different health benefits that you can get from using camellia oil.
Origin of Camellia Oil
Camellia have three different types namely, Camellia sinensis, Camellia oleifera and camellia japonica.
Camellia flowers are native from eastern and southern parts of Asia such as Indonesia and Japan, but it was originally grown in China.
The extraction method used is cold pressing or solvent extraction of camellia seeds from Camellia sinensis or Camellia oleifera.
Here are some of the following uses and benefit of camellia oil:
1. Skin Health. A natural emollient that keeps layers of the skin moisturized and soft. It is deal for dry skin and acne prone skin making your skin smooth and glowing. Studies show it contains sunblock properties reducing your risk with squamous cell carcinoma which is the second most common type of skin cancer.
2. Immunity Boost. Camellia oil has been proven to help strengthen the immune system and boost your resistance against viral infections. Helps your immunity where it balances your immune cells to enable the proper functioning of your immune system.
3. Repairs Damaged Hair and Nails. Strengthen and nourish your hair as well as promoting hair growth. You can use this to repair your damaged hair and bring back its glory. It can also help condition your scalp and prevent it from having dandruff due to its moisturizing properties.
4. Wound Healing. Camellia oil is rich in antioxidants that help induce the healing of skin as well as the growth of new cells if you have wounds, cuts and bruises. It can also help you fight against infection and reduce scar appearances.
5. Anti-Inflammatory Properties. It contains essential fatty acids and chemical compound called polyphenols that have powerful anti-inflammatory properties which help prevent swelling and inflammation. You can use it on inflamed areas of your skin or when you have eczema, psoriasis or acne.
6. Lowers Bad Cholesterol. This oil has 90% unsaturated fats which make it a great remedy for people with high cholesterol levels. It is also antihypertensive that will help reduce your risk from having high blood pressure levels that could lead to stroke and heart attack.
7. Normalizes Glucose and Blood Pressure. Acts as a vasolidator which widens the blood vessels that helps regulate your blood pressure levels which helps you reduce the risk of having heart problems. It also contains anti-diabetic properties that can lower your glucose levels.
8. Healthy Nerves. It contains neuroprotective properties that help in the recovery and regeneration of the structure and cells of your nervous system as well as its proper functioning. It effectively reduces damage on your nervous system.
9. Reduces Stress Levels. Helpful in reducing your stress levels and protecting your body against oxidative stress since it is abundant in antioxidant properties. It can balance the free radicals and antioxidant levels in your body which prevents cell damage.
10. Oral Hygiene. You can use it as a mouthwash as it helps in the promotion of your oral and dental health. Camellia oil can prevent the formation of plaque in your mouth and bad breath. Remember that good oral health can prevent you from having bacterial cardiac disease.
Directions for Use
When using oils, proper consultation is needed from a qualified aromatherapist and health practitioner. Aside from the different benefits that you can get from the camellia oil, it can also be used in several ways. Some of these are:
Diffuser. Camellia oil contains a pleasant and sweet aroma that makes it ideal for aromatherapy. Add the desired amount of camellia oil, then mix in a diffuser with other essential oils to dilute them. This will surely help you feel calm and lift your spirits.
Massage. You can use it with other essential and carrier oils, then gently massage over the skin to moisturise your body and support your overall health. Keep in mind that before use, you should do a skin patch test.
Spritz. Add at least 5 drops of essential oil for every teaspoon of camellia oil, then mix with 2 ounces of spritz bottle filled with water. You need to shake well before each use prior spraying.
Bath. You can combine any essential oils to camellia oil. You only need to mix 3 to 12 drops of any essential oil to a tablespoon of carrier oil. This will surely provide you with a therapeutic and aromatic bath.
Try these camellia oil DIY recipes:
DIY Moisturizing Spray
- 25 ml Camellia Seed Oil - 25 ml Rosehip Seed Oil - 15 ml Jojoba Carrier Oil - 15 ml Macadamia Carrier Oil - Spray Bottle
Directions:Measure all the ingredients and mix well in a container.
DIY Hair Treatment
- 5 drops of Camellia Seed Oil - half cup of warm water - Spray Bottle
Directions:Mix the warm water and the camellia oil in a spray bottle. Then, shake well before spraying the mixture generously into your hair and scalp. Cover your hair with a disposable cap, then leave it for an hour before rinsing with lukewarm water.
Precautions and Side Effects
Keep Out of Reach of Children. This kind of product needs to be kept out of reach of children for it may cause serious side effects when not properly administered. If you are pregnant or nursing, you should consult your healthcare provider for medical advice before use.
Allergic Reactions. You should need to avoid using this kind of oil if you have an allergy to it. There are cases where some individuals experience hypersensitivity to camellia oil. Some of the signs include rashes and difficulty in breathing.
Disclaimer: The health information published on this web page is solely intended for educational purposes. VitaminsOnly strongly recommends to consult health care professionals for any questions concerning your health.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Items have been added to your cart
This product has been added to your cart.
Please select below how you would like to proceed.