All living things need to sleep because it plays a vital role in their mental and physical wellbeing. It is a way for us to recharge our body so that it will function properly. Rest and sleep are essential for life because it will give us the energy we need all throughout the day.
But, there are times when you are having trouble sleeping due to the different lifestyle factors. The good thing is, there are ways on how you can get better sleep. Read and follow the ten essential tips below so you could achieve the good quality sleep you’re always dreaming of.
1. Have a healthier lifestyle. Your overall lifestyle will have an impact on your sleep. It could promote quality sleep or contribute to sleeplessness, so it is very important for you to have a healthier lifestyle to reduce those annoying restless nights.
2. Relax and meditate. You should remain calm and free your mind because these will be the key to a good night’s sleep. Relaxation and meditation techniques such as yoga will reduce your stress levels and improve your sleeping quality.
3.Be active. Regular exercise in the morning will help you get a deeper and sounder sleep, for it will contribute to reducing your stress levels. Sleep experts say that exercise can be a natural therapy for people suffering from insomnia.
4. Eat. Drink. Sleep. What you eat and drink is important for you to have more than forty winks. Eat foods that contain healthy fats such as avocado, eggs, nuts etc. for it helps manufacture sleeping hormones. You should not eat heavy foods and meals before going to bed since it will only affect your sleeping quality. Also, you should finish eating at least an hour before lying down.
5. Avoid taking caffeine and stimulants. It’s okay to drink coffee to start your day but don’t consume food and drinks with caffeine before you go to bed. A 2013 study published in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine reveals that caffeine still takes effect even 6 hours before going to bed. Also, you should avoid taking stimulants because it would increase your alertness.
6. Schedule your sleep. Sleep experts recommended taking at least seven hours of sleep for a healthy adult. Remember that you should be disciplined with your sleeping schedule by going to bed and getting up at the same time every day so that your body clock will be consistent and normal.
7. Don’t touch any gadget. Before you go to sleep, you should keep away all your electronic devices such as cell phones, tablets, computers. laptops and televisions because the blue light that they emit will surely impact the quality of your sleep. You should avoid looking at your devices, two to three hours before going to bed.
8. Sleeping environment. Turning off lights on your bedroom will have a great impact on the quality of your sleep. You can dim or much better turn the lights off because lower light levels will signal the brain to make melatonin which is the hormone that brings people to sleep. Sleep experts say that when it comes to the room temperature of your bedroom, cooler is much better.
9. Use essential oils. Aromatherapy and using essential oils such as lavender, frankincense, bergamot etc. can help relieve stress and promote better sleep. These essential oils slow down your nervous system that will relax your mind and body.
10. Take supplements for better sleep. There are different vitamins and nutrients that could help you have a good night’s sleep. Some of these vitamins and nutrients are Vitamin B, C and D. Also, minerals like iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium would help you have better sleep, but it is important to consult your healthcare provider before starting to take any sleep supplements.
All the essential tips mentioned above will surely help with your sleeping difficulties. Make sure that having quality sleep will be one of your top priorities to make you healthy and ready every day. If your sleeping problems persist, talk to your healthcare provider.
Disclaimer: The health information published on this web page is solely intended for educational purposes. VitaminsOnly strongly recommends to consult health care professionals for any questions concerning your health.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Items have been added to your cart
This product has been added to your cart.
Please select below how you would like to proceed.